EUROFIDEME 2 invests in Greenfield assets and positions itself as a partner for medium-sized renewable energy project developers including:
- Firms that develop projects with defined assets in their portfolio
- Developers having a portfolio of several projects in different development stages (development, construction, operation)
The fund's geographic target is the euro area mainly focusing in France, Italy and Spain.
Given the portfolio of projects that have already been identified, France will remain the fund's main market.
EUROFIDEME 2 will only invest in projects using mature and reliable technologies such as:
- Onshore wind
- Solar photovoltaic
- Others (hydropower, geothermal and solar thermal)
The two main types of financial products that are used by the fund are:
- Subordinated debt: subordinated bonds linked to a possible conversion into shares or bonds with share warrants attached
- Equity financing in exchange for minority stakes
To date, the management team has identified over 100 projects potentially complying with our investment criterions. As of today, EUROFIDEME 2 has closed five investments (of which two are disinvested) in France and Sweden for a total of €46m.